This extension is for you if you often catch yourself surfing the Internet to simply check if something
changed on the same page. Save your time, now yellow duck will do the job.
How to use:
- Go to any web page
- Move mouse on value you're interested in. Click right button, select "Watch this item"
- Test it (optionally) and save it.
Where to use?
I personally use it for these needs:
- prices monitoring (to be aware of items sale)
- get notifications about weather temperature
- watch new messages count in social networks
- get notifications about new episodes of favorite series
- monitor account's balance
...but list can be extended as long as you're creative enough
How it works:
Every minute it loads all pages from listed items and finds specified values via CSS selectors.
- It's not always possible to automatically generate CSS selector, sometimes you'll need to set it
- Extension checks items every minute, it does not show changed value immediately
- It doesn't work with asynchronously loaded data (via AJAX)
- Extension has some time limits on page loading, therefore sometimes it will be showing "Not Available"
instead of real value, but it's rare cases